Click on an image to enlarge it.
Click on an image to enlarge it.
On October 2, 1881, a small group of men met in the basement of St. Mary’s Church on Hillhouse Avenue in New Haven, Connecticut. Called together by their 29-year-old parish priest, Father Michael J. McGivney, these men formed a fraternal society that would one day become the world’s largest Catholic family fraternal service organization.
They sought strength in solidarity, and security through unity of purpose and devotion to a holy cause: they vowed to be defenders of their country, their families and their faith.
These men were bound together by the ideal of Christopher Columbus, the discoverer of the Americas, the one whose hand brought Christianity to the New World. Their efforts came to fruition with the incorporation of the Knights of Columbus on March 29, 1882.
They were Knights of Columbus.
The Order has been called "the strong right arm of the Church," and has been praised by popes, presidents and other world leaders, for support of the Church, programs of evangelization and Catholic education, civic involvement and aid to those in need.
Father Michael J. McGivneyFather McGivney’s founding vision for the Order also included a life insurance program to provide for the widows and orphans of deceased members. The Order’s insurance program has expanded substantially to serve more effectively the Knights’ growing membership.
Year after year, the Knights of Columbus has earned the highest possible quality ratings for financial soundness from A.M. Best and Standard & Poor’s. The Order provides the highest quality insurance, annuity and long-term care products to its members, along with many other fraternal benefits.
The Supreme Council is the governing body of the Knights of Columbus and is responsible for the development of the organization as a whole. Supreme Council duties include establishing the Order in new regions and setting up regional authorities, defining and advancing its values and goals, undertaking organization-wide initiatives, promoting awareness of the Knights’ mission worldwide, and protecting the families of members through its extensive insurance program. Members working in local, or subordinate councils, however, carry on the majority of the Knights’ beneficial work.
Chromcik Council #2574
|First Name||Last Name||Phone #|
|Deputy Grand Night||Charles||Youngblood||(713) 992-0587|
|District Deputy||Darris||Chapple||(979) 716-9159|
|Trustee 1 Year||Pat||Kalina Jr.||966-3702|
|Trustee 2 Year||Richard||Hoffmann||966-3069|
|Trustee 3 Year||Randy||Proske||968-3674|
|First Name||Last Name|
|Community Center Chairman||David||Goerig|
Council General Meetings: 2nd Tuesday of each month @ 7:30PM — Meetings held in the KC Hall
Officer Meetings: 4th Tuesday of each month @ 6:00PM — Meetings held in the KC Hall
The council is involved in many activities thru out the year and are too many to list. Review our calendar for all the activities occurring each month in the past an the future.
Any questions call 979-968-5117 or email @ email@example.com.
Chromcik council #2574, Knights of Columbus, located in La Grange, Texas had its beginnings in 1925 during the pastorate of the Rev. E. A Holub, who encouraged the institution of a Knights of Columbus council in La Grange. Members of the Order living in La Grange, Fayetteville, Smithville and other nearby territory, not satisfied with holding membership in distant councils which made active participation in council affairs difficult, petitioned the State and Supreme Councils of the privilege of organizing a Council in La Grange. Permission was granted; members of surrounding Councils living in this area transferred their membership and the Council was chartered and formally installed on May 10, 1925.
The name "Chromcik Council" was selected in honor and in memory of the Rev. Jos. Chromcik, the first Czech Catholic missionary in Texas and one of the first resident priests in this part of the state. The first Grand Knight was John C. Schumacher of Rutersville whose efforts were largely responsible for the institution of the Council.
Forty three men comprised the original charter membership although thirty two others, who were inducted into the Order on the date of the Council’s institution, likewise were extended the privilege of having their names on the Council charter.
Chromcik Council has grown from those early beginnings to a membership of over 500 members and into the current location at 190 S. Brown in La Grange. The Council participates and supports all the numerous worthwhile projects of the State and Supreme Councils. The Council has many awards over the years and continues to be recognized as a council that is very active in religious, patriotic and civic affairs and is recognized as one of the most active fraternal organizations in La Grange and one of the most motivated Councils in this part of the state.
Through its many activities, and as a result of entertaining meetings supplemented occasionally be social events for members and families, members keep up an active interest and regard with a real feeling of pride in their membership in Chromcik Council #2574, Knights of Columbus
Click on an image to view more in the lightbox.
For Weddings and Events contact the Knights of Columbus Hall
Our main hall measures 107ft x 96ft (10,272 sq. feet) and has an occupancy load of 700. The dance floor is wooden and measures 75ft x 60ft (4500 sq. ft) There is a stage and bar for any function.
Click on an image to enlarge.
The Knights of Columbus Council 2574 award 25,000 dollars of scholarships to 51 recipients on Sunday, July 30th. The event was a family affair with a sit down meal and scholarships were presented. The photo in no particular order were the recipients.
We extend a special thank you to the leaders and members within Council 2574 & through out the order to make our scholarship program a success.